There’s no substitute for experience in dental program management.
Take your program to the next level with the most experienced dental administrator in the country.
Achieve dental-medical benefits integration with a scalable solution customized to your business objectives.
Choose an experienced partner who keeps your customized program efficient and reform-ready.
- “We wanted a partner with a lot of experience and we know that based on the history of Doral Dental.”
- “The speed in which the team at Scion Dental can react with the technology makes them very attractive.”
- “The transparency of Scion Dental’s technology platform is a huge strength.”
- “I would say Scion Dental is a company built on the most sophisticated software system.”
Frequently Asked Questions
To help you find the information you need quickly, we've collected the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Scion Dental. Click on a question to have the answer drop down below.
- How will you handle the new requirements for individual benefits mandated by Essential Health Benefits?
The advent of Essential Health Benefits in 2015 will stress all legacy systems, as no prior benefit plan has ever offered different benefits for dependents as opposed to the subscriber and spouse. We will be able to administer all plans without the need to assign different plan IDs to parents and dependent children.
- Will we have a dedicated/specific 800 number for members and providers?
Yes, Scion Dental offers a variety of options for toll-free telephone numbers. We can adapt a clients' existing telephone numbers and route them to our call center, and we can set up any number of new toll-free numbers based on specific client requirements.
- How do you operate as an “invisible partner”?
We offer private-label options so our clients’ members and providers have a seamless experience with their benefits management program. We can customize our web portals and printed materials with our clients’ logo and color scheme. In addition, our customer service representatives can answer calls with our clients’ name.
- How do you recruit eligible providers for our network?
We use a variety of techniques to recruit, educate, and maintain providers in a network, including web portal outreach, mailing campaigns, telephone campaigns, and on-the-ground outreach. Our goal is to contract the majority of eligible providers in the first 30 days.
- How can you help us promote quality service from providers?
Scion Dental incorporates numerous tactics in its daily operations to help ensure quality service from providers, including ongoing provider training and education, credentialing and primary source verification, site visits (when appropriate), and quality improvement plans and processes.
- Can you really create a paperless process?
Yes. The Enterprise System, developed by our sister company Wonderbox Technologies, is designed to support paperless workflows through web-based architecture, built-in document management system, and fully integrated self-service web portals. Our paperless environment is one of the fundamental ways we maintain low administrative costs.
Our sister companies are proud leaders in the delivery of specialty benefit management through state-of-the-art technology and best-in-class benefit administration.